Fin Design + Effects is currently looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to provide IT support to our production staff and artists. This is a great opportunity to join a distinguished team of animation and VFX artists motivated by creativity and technical innovation, producing a great variety of interesting work including Thor: Ragnarok and I Am Mother. We are currently in production on several new international feature films and episodic projects.
What We Expect
- Great written and verbal skills.
- Team Management.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to budget IT related systems and services either in concept, maintenance or deployment stages.
- Excellent customer service for internal staff.
- A proactive learner who keeps up to speed with trends in hardware, software, and security technologies/best practices.
- Architect and manage the deployment of new software systems, networks, and infrastructure.
- Liaise with key business personnel to anticipate future hardware and software requirements for upcoming VFX projects.
- Design and improve current information technology processes.
- Maintain the operation of software and hardware systems used in creating VFX.
- Security Compliance (MPAA/TPN).
- Designing System Architectures
- Networking for both LAN and WAN architectures (e.g L2/L3, VLAN, ACLs, BGP, VPN, DHCP, DNS)
- Directory Services (e.g. AD)
- Security (e.g. digital system security, management and company procedures and policies, change management, physical security, risk management)
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (e.g. Hyper-V, VSAN, virtual networking, AWS, GCP)
- Systems Automation
- Monitoring (e.g. zabbix/grafana/nagios/cacti)
- SIEM (e.g. graylog/splunk/syslog)
- Vulnerability Testing (e.g. gsm/openvas)
- Data Protection (e.g. DR, backup and archival)
- Business Continuity
- Scalable Storage Systems (e.g. isilon, DFS, storage spaces)
Nice to Have Skills
- Previous experience with MPAA/TPN audit preparation and compliance.
- Configuration Management (e.g. ansibile, chef, puppet, GPO).
- Teradici architecture deployment.
- Render farm management experience (eg: Deadline, OpenQ, Tractor).
- Python experience (including Django and QT).